And just so you can feel a part of this week, we alway refer to Troy's band as "THE Band," as if there are no other ones on the planet. And you have to say it like "thuh band" not "theeee band." Just sayin'.
I already blogged about it, but Sunday night was Troy's show, with THE Band. It was fabulous, but you might say I'm biased. :-) Here are a few more pics with THE guys.
{Theo, Alex 1, Alex 2 and Troy--after their show in Deep Ellum}
{Roomdog's beautiful hand modeling}
The stamp they put on your hand after paying was Martin Luther King, Jr. A little out of date, perhaps, in March. We thought this was funny. It took about three days for it to wear off! Crazy.
{The Biggest Fan}
Monday & Tuesday nights, my dad grilled out, and mom made all the sides. I walked in the first night to this:
{Red Meat, anyone?}
The steaks were delicious and we had chicken the next night. THE guys were quite chatty at dinner, always offering up their opinions about everything. Very entertaining.
{Yogurtville: a whole new world}
Dad, Theo, Alex 1, Alex 2 & Claire
Tuesday night, we took THE guys to Yogurtville. They LOVED it. It's all the rage here, and you get to fill your own cup with as many flavors of yogurt, then add toppings to your heart's content. They charge by the ounce, so sometimes you get up to the register and are surprised at how much you spend! I got a gift card for there for Christmas, so on Wednesday nights after choir I'll go there for a late-night treat. Pretty great!
Wednesday night I went with Claire and some other friends to Primo's downtown--great Mexican food. I got to meet Tony Romo there. He's dating a girl I went to High School with, and I said hi to her, and then he was just kind of standing behind her and introduced himself. When he said, "Hi , I'm Tony." I wanted to say, "NO DUH!" But I kept my cool and didn't squeal until after they left the building. I think. :-)
{Love my T-Roy}
THE band left Friday, so Saturday night we had dinner with the four of us and my grandparents. (Are you counting the THREE free meals I got this week? Love it.) It was so fun just to hang out and all be together. It was such a blessing to have everyone at the same table. It made my little heart very happy. Troy left at 6:15 this morning, so I said goodbye to him last night. Kind of bummed, but I'll get to see him more at Easter, and I'm looking forward to that very much!
Later last night, Claire and I met up with some friends from Bible Study at Cowboys Red River in Dallas. We two-stepped all night and had a blast. I'd never been there before, and it was great--not smokey, and they had a live band that played cover songs. I only knew a few people, but guys just come up and ask girls to dance. It's really fun, but quite a stretch out of my comfort zone!
And lastly, Sic'em Bears! I am so stinkin' excited that THE Bears are in the Sweet 16. It's not often that we get to celebrate a win, and getting this far in March Madness is really great--let's keep going!
No comments:
Post a Comment