Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Marley Just for Me

I read Marley & Me the summer after my freshman year in college, and I've wanted a dog of my very own ever since. That never seems to be feasible, though, so instead I just dream.

Part of the problem is that my family has the best dog in the entire world, Skippy. We adopted him about eight years ago, and he is the most laid-back dog you'll ever meet. He barks once a year. Never has an accident in the house, loves people, and plays well with others. Sounds like the perfect dog, right? We think so.


I have more pictures on my phone of him than anything else. To say that we are in love with the dog is an understatement. I think you could say that he is very comfortable around us. What do you think?


Now, back to a dog of my very own...


When I said I dream of one, I mean I actually look for them. I often visit the same site where we found Skippy, a local animal rescue agency called Stars Pets. Before you scroll through and think, "Oh my gosh, those dogs are strange." (Some of them are odd, some of them are special.) Just know that the speciaize in small dogs. Skippy was a exception. Apparently this guy is, too. Meet Hamilton:

He is a "nearly white" golden retriever, about a year old, weighing in at a whopping 72 pounds. If I had a backyard, an apartment without an astronomical pet deposit, and patience for a dog in puppy school, I would get him in a heartbeat. {Ok, I realize that's a lot of stipulations. Clearly I'm not ready for a dog.} I just think he is too cute! I love the wrinkles. And that name just fits him, don't you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment